Healthy Conversation Skills (MECC+) training consists of two 3-hour face to face training sessions in which you will discover:
- How you can support someone to make healthy changes by exploring their world
- How using more effective responses can help people find their own solutions
- How you can support someone to make a behaviour change plan
- What the benefits are of spending more time listening to our service-users
- A range of behaviour change techniques and how they can be used
- An opportunity to practice and embed the skills
This practical skills development training is for front line workers who interact with the public and have an opportunity to support health and wellbeing. This training has been delivered to a range of workforces including doctors, nurses, APHs, housing, libraries, job centres, social care and many more.
The training is very participatory and draws on trainees own experiences and beliefs. Each session is tailored to the training needs and helps facilitate them to identify opportunities in their own roles to use the skills gained from the course.