Background Information in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
The training programme on this website has been taken, with permission, from the Wessex Making Every Contact Count Healthy Conversation Skills (MECC HCS) programme.
The MECC HCS training programme was developed by Health Psychologists at the University of Southampton and Public Health experts from Health Education England (Wessex). Health Education England (Wessex) supported the development of the MECC HCS Trainers through a quality assured process.
The MECC HCS programme is accredited by the Royal Society of Public Health (RSPH). For more information about the programme, or to find out about implementing Healthy Conversation Skills in your region, visit https://wessex.hee.nhs.uk/wider-workforce/population-health/making-every-contact-count/
Across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland through collaborative working the overall project aims are:
- To increase the knowledge and awareness of MECC+
- Improve knowledge in prevention and lifestyle/wider determinants impact on health amongst wider staff groups
- Improve understanding of behaviour change amongst staff
- Increase confidence to have a healthy conversation
- Increase awareness of local signposting options and resources
The Healthy Conversation Skills training offer aims to provide long term and sustainable skills that can be embedded within an organisation as part of their existing training for new and current staff members.
The training offer consists of different levels to suit individual organisations.
- 45 minute eLearning
- 1 x 3 hour Healthy Conversation Skills (Lite) face to face or virtual training
- 2 x 3 hour Healthy Conversation Skills (MECC+) face to face or virtual training
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you or your organisation would like to receive Healthy Conversation Skills training.